Who we are
Mamaroneck Frostbite Association is a volunteer community organization. Annually we elect a slate of officers to continue our 60+ year tradition of frostbite racing, community outreach and relationships, and celebrating sailing!
In addition to the elected officers, there are many events, from regattas to work parties to social events that couldn't be run without the help of our active fleet and many volunteers.
If you're curious about how to get involved, please reach out to email@example.com.
Fleet Captain John Field
Past Fleet Captain Eva Burpee
Treasurer Steve Wade
Secretary Bahar Gidwani
Measurer Peter Winder / Scott Guerin
Publicity Samantha Lawrence
Fleet Development Allan Freedman
Class Safety Rick Kaskel / Tim Baron / Dan Marques
Scorekeeper Aaron Wheeler / Brad Seiler
Operations and Maintenance Steve Wade + ‘the locals’
Crash Boat Coordination Rob Simonfy / Tim Baron
Webmasters Aaron Wheeler / Jeff Sorensen
Charter Fleet Operations Tom Speyer / Siofra Potash
Hospitality and Scheduling Carla Murphy
Mamaroneck Frostbite Association (MFA) was founded 60 years ago by Emil Mosbacher, Jr., Warner Willcox and Howard McMichael. With more than 40 members, it is one of the largest and best-established winter sailing fleets on the East coast.
We sail in Dyer Dhows--a nine foot single-sailed dinghy. The Dyer is a strong boat with high sides that keep our sailors dry under most conditions. We have both a regular sail and a storm sail--so we are able to sail in as much as 20 knots of breeze. Our season starts in November and runs through April. A membership entitles you to more than 30 days of racing, three regattas, coaching sessions, informal team races and regular after-sailing parties.
Here are Ten Great Reasons to come sail with our fleet:
- You'll improve your racing skills.
- You'll make some great friends.
- Once you get hooked, it's for life.
- It ain't that cold! No colder than going skiing. And a helluva lot cheaper.
- You don't need a boat! We'll find you a charter.
- You can give it a trial run. The price is right...it's free! Just call us and we'll do the rest.
- We have an after-race party every weekend in our very own club house.
- We are racing from Beach Point Club in Mamaroneck, NY.
- Hundreds of races every season at an affordable price.
- You'll thank us many times for opening this world to you...that's a promise!
We welcome new members to our fleet. If you would like more information about the Mamaroneck Frostbite Association, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to learn to race a sailboat, MFA is the cheapest, easiest, and most fun way to do it!