Sail with us!
Mamaroneck Frostbite Association (MFA) was founded 60 years ago by Emil Mosbacher, Jr., Warner Willcox and Howard McMichael. With more than 40 members, it is one of the largest and best-established winter sailing fleets on the East coast.
We sail in Dyer Dhows--a nine foot single-sailed dinghy. The Dyer is a strong boat with high sides that keep our sailors dry under most conditions. We have both a regular sail and a storm sail--so we are able to sail in as much as 20 knots of breeze. Our season starts in November and runs through April. A membership entitles you to more than 30 days of racing, three regattas, coaching sessions, informal team races and regular after-sailing parties.
Here are Ten Great Reasons to come sail with our fleet:
- You'll improve your racing skills.
- You'll make some great friends.
- Once you get hooked, it's for life.
- It ain't that cold! No colder than going skiing. And a helluva lot cheaper.
- You don't need a boat! We'll find you a charter.
- You can give it a trial run. The price is right...it's free! Just call us and we'll do the rest.
- We have an after-race party every weekend in our very own club house.
- We are racing from Beach Point Club in Mamaroneck, NY.
- Hundreds of races every season at an affordable price.
- You'll thank us many times for opening this world to you...that's a promise!
We welcome new members to our fleet. If you would like more information about the Mamaroneck Frostbite Association, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to learn to race a sailboat, MFA is the cheapest, easiest, and most fun way to do it!